Asphalt roofing has proven its reliability and durability time and time again. That’s why it remains one of the most preferred roofing systems among homeowners and roofing professionals. To share more information about asphalt shingles, roof repair expert Hoover Contracting Inc. lists some fast facts about this type of roofing.
- Asphalt shingles entered the scene in the 1900s. Since then, it’s become a dependable option for residential roofing.
- Asphalt shingles have a fiberglass base mat which is coated in composite asphalt material. Due to this design, you can rest assured that your asphalt shingles are waterproof and extremely durable.
- Asphalt shingles can imitate the appearance of natural wood shakes and slate. They’re also available in a wide range of styles and colors, making it easier to find something that matches your home. The number of options available can sometimes be overwhelming, however. You don’t need to worry, though, because your roofing contractor can help you make an informed choice.
- Installing asphalt shingles is generally simple, so it can be more affordable than other roofing systems. They also require minimal upkeep, allowing you to save time and money on maintenance.
- Staples were previously regarded as an unreliable way to install asphalt shingles because they’re prone to cocked or crooked installation. However, today’s equipment has been developed to have the same roofing nail geometry as hand-nailed nails. As long as the nails are accurately placed on the shingles and not overdriven, they shouldn’t cause any problems with your roof. That said, make sure that you’re hiring a skilled and experienced roofer to handle the job.
Hoover Contracting Inc. is a family-owned business that offers a range of services that includes roof installation and window replacement, among other things. Our team always strives to provide top-notch services and ensure quality craftsmanship. Call us at (217) 718-6810 or fill out our contact form to request a consultation.